Satellite Positioning C++ Developer
For our Satellite Positioning Service Line we are looking for an experienced C++ developer to join our Technology Group in Oslo. Together we will develop world leading applications and products for high accuracy navigation and positioning services.
Fugro operate a global network of GNSS (GPS, GLONASS, Beidou and Galileo) reference stations for signal monitoring and calculation of correction data to significantly improve the accuracy of uncorrected GNSS signals. Correction messages are transmitted to our end users via a robust, fault-tolerant broadcast infrastructure, providing precise, reliable, real-time satellite positioning that is accurate worldwide, to just a few centimetres.
As a C++ developer you will be writing the software for our core infrastructure, ensuring this steady and reliable flow of data from our monitor stations all the way to the end user. Important mechanisms include data encoders/decoders, networking/telemetry, calculations/processing, quality control with monitoring and alerting.
· Responsible for delivering high quality products and near real-time services.
· Participate in architecture, development and maintenance of our satellite positioning services.
· Ensures engineering is carried out to company standards and actively contributes to continuous improvement of the engineering processes.
· Technical education on M.Sc./B.Sc. level in Computer Science or related subjects.
· 5+ years of experience with C++.
· Knowledge of software design patterns and best practices.
· Comfortable to deal with complex systems.
· Ability to understand business and client value and priorities tasks accordingly.
· Good written and oral English.
Skills / experience required to do the job:
· Experience with high quality C++ system development.
· Build tools and toolchains: make, GCC, cmake, git.
· Software architecture for robust, near real-time systems.
· Familiarity with network protocols like IP, UDP and TCP.
· Complex problem analysis skills.
· Development and debugging on Linux systems.
· Self-driven engineer.
· Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline.
· Scripting languages such as Python – advantage.
What we offer:
· Opportunity to work alongside world-class experts developing high accuracy GNSS augmentation systems and applications.
· Opportunity to develop software guiding >100,000-ton ships with <10cm precision!
· Opportunity to develop software for world-wide use!
· International work environment.
· High-quality developer colleagues.
· Flexible work hours.
· Subsidized canteen with warm meals, soup, salad and more every day.
· Excellent office facilities in a favourable area.
· Mobile phone and internet covered.
· A self-development plan including training and/or conferences.
· Career opportunities in Fugro, both in Norway and abroad.
· Great pension scheme.
To make sure you are fit for fight, we cover:
· Health insurance.
· Group life insurance.
· Critical illness insurance.
· Travel insurance.
· Annual health check.
You can also enjoy:
· Easy access to SATS, ELIXIA and EVO Fitness (100m).
· An active social network outside work.
· Secure bike parking facilities and wardrobe/shower.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated**.**
For more information