Remotely operated vehicles, uncrewed surface vessels and ever-increasing autonomy are removing personnel from dangerous work offshore in the North Sea and elsewhere.
Inspection of maritime assets is now being controlled from onshore operations centres. We look at one of these command and control centres, the Fugro facility in Aberdeen.
With a robust regulatory framework and growing technological know-how, the offshore industry looks set to enjoy huge sustainability and safety benefits.
- Alastair McKie, Director for Remote Operations Europe Africa, Fugro
- Greg Dixon, Remote Operations Superintendent, Fugro
- Ivar de Josselin de Jong, Global Director for Remote Inspection Solutions, Fugro
- Katrina Kemp, Smart Ships and Automation Policy Officer, Maritime and Coastguard Agency
- Ross MacFarlane, USV Policy and Public Affairs Advisor, Fugro
This episode is produced in partnership with Engineering Matters.