Utilising one of our multi-purpose support vessels, we provided installation and support activities for JSC Mezhregiontruboprovodstroy (MRTS), one of Russia’s largest energy industry construction contractors.
Located in approximately 90 metres of water, 28 kilometres off Sakhalin Island in the Sea of Okhotsk, the remote Kirinskoye gas condensate field is part of the Sakhalin III project in Russia. Arriving in Korsakov, Sakhalin in late May 2013, the multi-purpose support vessel, Southern Ocean, performed the workscope during the Russian summer period. Project completion was planned for mid-September, prior to the winter sea ice re-forming.
Included in the wide-ranging workscope:
- Pipeline pre-commissioning and pressure testing
- Recovery and installation of pig launchers-receivers
- Spool metrology and installation
- X-tree protection structure installation
- SDU and PLET protection structure installation
- MEG flexible jumper installation
- Installation of umbilical protection frames
- Mobilisation, demobilisation and crew changes
Additional services included the provision of two FCV 3000 work class ROVs and associated remote tooling, as well as back deck lifting equipment and personnel.
Fugro’s previous work at Sakhalin was invaluable in the delivery of the key project objectives, completing the workscope to the satisfaction of both client and regulatory authorities in the safest, most efficient manner and without incident.”
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
Our specialist expertise and multi-purpose support vessels provide installation support for any offshore energy construction project.