Our LADS HD+ system surveys the coastal zone faster and more cost-effectively through the ability to acquire high-quality data in a wide range of environmental conditions. The system also benefits from leading-edge developments in shallow water performance, seabed reflectivity, target detection and operating altitudes.
Deliverables include digital depth and topographic data, gridded models, spatial products, seabed reflectivity and georeferenced digital mosaic imagery.
LADS HD+ system applications include:
- Nautical charting
- Coastal zone management
- Climate change adaption and inundation modelling
- Habitat mapping
- Marine and coastal engineering
- Renewable energy industry
We build and operate the LADS ALB technology and have over 25 years’ experience in continuous development and operations for national nautical charting authorities and commercial activities.
The LADS HD+ sensor’s high-powered laser and innovative scanner and receiver optics technology ensure:
- Maximum coverage in coastal and nearshore environments
- Depth measurements to 80m (subject to water clarity) with minimal gaps
- Greater efficiency when surveying shallow water: up to 30 times faster than multibeam echosounder technology alone
- High quality and accurate data, including target detection to IHO Order 1a/1b specifications