The ARAN is an advanced pavement data collection vehicle equipped with precision survey systems and software able to perform any roadway data collection task.
The modular design allows the ARAN to be easily reconfigured to meet client requirements and also serves to cut excess, equipping the ARAN only with the necessary surveying systems. As the vehicle ages the subsystems can be transferred to another chassis, making the ARAN a good long term investment.
The ARAN 9000 is fully integrated into a high roof chassis; all sensors are permanently installed and managed in a climate controlled environment, providing a comfortable and professional environment for operators. It can be built on any platform that meets the required specifications (power, weight). The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter© is our preferred chassis and is able to incorporate any ARAN subsystem.
The robust ARAN 9000 platform delivers:
- 50% reduction in computing hardware
- Database driven system
- Robust, fault tolerant systems
- Plug and play system integration
- Microsoft.net platform
- Real-time sub-cm data synchronisation
- Advanced mission management software
- Increased portability of subsystem components
- Global solution with interfaces in several languages
- User friendly operating system to minimise training costs and operator error
- Industry-defining warranty
- Dynamic architecture supporting future upgrades
The ARAN 9000 is fully modular to allow for customer-specific configuration and the ability to upgrade with additional subsystems as required. It can be used as a profiler, video logger, mobile mapper, or full-scale data collection system.
The modular design of the ARAN 8000 provides adaptable roadway data collection and allows the system to be tailored to the client’s requirements. Fugro builds the components to the exact client vehicle specifications. The system can be adapted to include additional options such as HD cameras and software used for asset inventory collection. Each ARAN option can be fully integrated into the system. ARAN Control System software (including DMI and GPS) may also added.
- All ARAN systems (optional)
- All ARAN systems mounted to customer supplied chassis using Aluminum Extrusion racking system
- Portable equipment rack with shock mounting
- Typically the ARAN is built on-site at the customer’s facility
The ARAN 7000 is the only portable, light-weight, hitch mount profiler that can accommodate up to nine sensors (point or line) for roughness, smoothness, texture and rutting. This high speed profiler, with stop-start-slow intelligent algorithms and portable flight case, enables you to collect accurate data at any speed, anywhere.
The ARAN 7000 also comes with:
- Synchronised data control system
- Auto-start proximity sensor
- Selcom point lasers
- Real-time display of data (including IRI)
- Route planning software
- Touchscreen operator interface capabilities
- GPS (optional)
- Laser safety interlocks (meets OSHA standards)
The ARAN incorporates a modular system of hardware and software add-ons to meet the requirements of various infrastructure data collection needs.
- LRS Positioning
- High-definition cameras to complete right of way panoramic view
- GPS Positioning
- Roughness (IRI) / Longitudinal Processing
- Rutting/Transverse Profile
- Texture Data
- Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Pavement Marking Reflectivity
- Video Imaging
- Laser SDP
- Laser Transverse Profiler (XVP)
- Position and Orientation System for Land Vehicles (POS LV)
- Distance Measuring Instrument (DMI)
A comprehensive suite of application software products designed to view, process, and analyse your collected data.
iVision Web Application
iVision is a web-based application that delivers the ideal solution for inter-office and remote location deployment of images and analysed road data. Users can access the images and data anywhere they have a web browser and internet connection. Processed data can be viewed in a user-customizable workspace and all views remain synchronized with each other. iVision also has an internet map built-in allowing users to navigate road network data intuitively.
Vision Processing Software
Vision is an all-in-one desktop data processing and analysis suite that can export to any PMS or AMS system. With Vision, the user can browse and interact with all collected data in a synchronised environment. The collected data is stored in a central project SQL database and can be matched to the client’s road network using both LRS and GPS references. Vision is an end to end processing, visualisation and reporting system for the ARAN, including:
- Right-of-way pavement images
- Map (supports all common GIS formats)
- Straight-line diagram and LRS
- Events (bridges, RRX, pavement type, etc.)
- Pavement distress, including WiseCrax automated crack detection
Surveyor asset extraction software is designed to provide safe, efficient, and cost effective "network-level" asset inventories. GPS and linear position of roadside assets can be easily, accurately, and safely determined from geo-referenced digital images. Standard and custom assets are easily selected from an agencies text/graphical asset catalogue, minimizing data entry time and ensuring accurate information. Surveyor 2 also allows for the marking of other user-defined attributes, at a fraction of the per asset cost of similar inventories created with on-foot personnel.
ARAN Collection Software (ACS)
The ACS interface controls all ARAN sub subsystems independently to ensure maximum flexibility during testing. The step-through wizard makes calibration easy, diagnostics monitor the system’s health and it includes a collection screen that has a built-in mission management. All this allows operators to perform daily verification, ensuring every vehicle is delivering optimum data accuracy and repeatability at all times. The measurement system displays information using SI/metric units and analysis tools are based on this measurement. Data is stored in a central onboard MS SQL Server architecture with a comprehensive back-up routine.
We provide large transportation agencies highway asset management systems, surveys and advice to maximise the impact of the maintenance and development decisions on the life and value of the asset while ensuring the safety of all stakeholders.
The accurate and reliable data and data collection vehicles enhance and maximise the ability to make confident roadway management decisions, leading to improved network condition through early intervention and efficient maintenance to extend the performance life of roads.
Fugro has a strong track record in successfully providing automated asset data collection services and products focused on helping transportation agencies manage their roads and associated assets more effectively.
- On time data
- Accurate / quality data
- Knowledgeable staff with dedicated Pavement Engineering, Research and Development, and Project Management staff
- 24/7 customers support
- Access to the latest technologies in automated asset data collection