The high performance Q1400 trenching system can uniquely transfer from jetting to cutting modes while at sea, avoiding the need to return to port for system changes. It consists of a common trenching module and separate tracked jetting and mechanical cutting skids, with a customised launch and recovery system (LARS) rated to Lloyd’s sea state 6. A deck-transfer skidding system enables safe mode changes at sea without craneage.
The Q1400 system is capable of free flying in jetting mode and operating in water depths of up to 3,000 metres. It has 1475 available horsepower with two 400KW high-pressure pumps up to 15Bar and 2,000 cubic metres per hour. Two additional 150KW hydraulic pumps provide low-pressure water and hydraulics. The system also has the capability to deploy an additional backwash tool or eduction and a tool to create backfill in soft clays.
- Jetting mode max product diameter - 900mm
- Jetting mode max trench depth - 3 metres
- Cutting mode max product diameter - 250mm
- Cutting mode max trench depth – 2 metres
Fugro’s Q1400 trenching systems are deployed for efficient burial of subsea products including:
- Rigid Pipelines – Jet trenching for rigid pipelines with diameters up to 900mm. Pipelines can be buried to depths up to 3 metres, providing protection from trawling and other risks. Rigid pipelines benefit from better stability as well as insulation.
- Flexible pipelines – Jet trenching or cutting for flexible pipelines, providing protection from fishing and other risks. As with rigid pipelines, trenching provides improved stability and insulation.
- Control Umbilicals – Jet trenching or cutting for control umbilicals, providing protection from fishing and other risks. A trenched umbilical is more stable on the seabed.
- Subsea Cables – Jet trenching or cutting for various types of cables, providing protection from fishing and other risks. Trenching also provides cable stability, preventing movement on the seabed.
Our turnkey solution supports your trenching project at all stages, from planning to final survey and as-built report. Project management and burial assessments by our geotechnical experts complete the service. Deploying our Q1400 trenching system for a range of applications brings valuable benefits to your operation:
- High manoeuvrability
- Gets close to the subsea infrastructure
- Provides maximum protection of subsea products