Careers with Fugro
|company||Fugro GeoConsulting Inc. - Houston|
|level||University (M Sc, MA)|
|apply before||1 May 2014|
Headquartered in Leidschendam, Netherlands, Fugro NV, had operations and activities in over 30 countries, $2.5 billion euros in annual revenue, $4 billion total assets, and approximately 11,500 employees.
Fugro GeoConsulting, Inc., a subsidiary of Fugro NV, merges the talents of Fugro’s Geophysics, Geology, Geohazards and Geotechnical Engineering resources. Geoscientists at Fugro GeoConsulting, Inc. perform integrated engineering geological investigations by combining geophysical data, well logs, geotechnical test results, and geochemical information to interpret site conditions and develop an understanding of engineering issues involved with offshore energy development.
We’re looking for outstanding scientists with advanced degrees and quantitative skills in:
• Geohazard assessment
• Probabilistic methods
• Engineering geology
• Computational geology
• Seismic inversion and AVO
• Pore pressure prediction
• Marine geology/geophysics
• 3D seismic interpretation
• Advanced GIS applications
At Fugro GeoConsulting, you’ll work on challenging offshore projects, using cutting edge data and tools to learn about the seafloor and the rocks and sediments below. You’ll be a part of the world’s foremost geoscience company, with capabilities that range from state-of-the-art data collection to sophisticated geological modeling and engineering analysis. Most of your work will be in our Houston offices, but occasionally you may find yourself aboard a ship almost anywhere in the world.
Responsible for seismic characterization projects, including but not limited to seismic data conditioning, seismic/well tie and wavelet extraction, pore pressure prediction, impedance inversion, AVO inversion, interpretation of potential reservoir and hazard signatures and volume visualization. Interaction in multi-disciplinary teams including geologists, geophysicists, geological engineers, petroleum engineers, and geotechnical engineers, while working on integrated projects for clients around the world. Primary focus would be in seismic data analysis and the integration of multiple geophysical data types.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately and independently validate and interpret deepwater geophysical data and assimilate with various other data types
- Apply leading edge seismic quantitative interpretation methods on projects for clients. Ensure optimum results are achieved to allow clients to make sound exploration, development, and production decisions.
- Responsible for integrating petrophysical and geophysical models based on seismic and borehole interpretations
- Perform most aspects of shallow geologic and geohazards evaluations, including mapping, characterization, analysis, assessment, and reporting
- Frequently interacts with clients on technical issues
- Write and prepare technical reports and as a team member makes technical presentations toclients
- Works with management and supervisors to identify own learning and development needsand further develops own technical knowledge relative to FGCI’s core business
- Complies with QMS and HSE requirements
- MS or PhD in geophysics, mathematics or physical sciences.
- 3 or more years’ experience in, seismic inversion, and AVO analysis at minimum. Candidates with more experience are encouraged to apply.
- Strong computer skills including fluency with the Microsoft Office suite. GIS, seismic interpretation, or geological modeling software skills.
- Ability to work independently, direct others as required, and collaborate as a team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write basic technical reports, are essential.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Support for continuous improvement in company processes including, but not limited to, the Fugro GeoConsulting safety program.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Completion of a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
- Successful candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
- Background in seismic processing and data analysis
- Well-to-seismic analysis
- Pore pressure prediction
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and CorelDraw; IHS Kingdom Suite, ArcGIS, Global Mapper, Drillworks Predict, Hampson Russell, and / or Jason software.
- Programming skills in a high-level scientific computing environment (eg. Mathematica, Matlab, Python/NumPy, R) are highly desirable.
- Quantification, characterization, and simulation of uncertainty.
Familiarity with the principles behind the building of an earth model.
|what we offer|
Fugro (USA), Inc. offers a dynamic team based working environment in an exciting and developing market, as well as the long-term potential for career growth. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a full benefits package. If you are up to the challenge send resume to email@example.com
|Apply for this job>> |