Careers with Fugro
|Project Professional Geotechnical Engineer|
|company||Fugro Consultants, Inc. - Houston|
|level||University (M Sc, MA)|
|apply before||1 Jun 2014|
Fugro Consultants, Inc. has an immediate opening in the Houston, TX office for a Project Professional Geotechnical Engineer. This position is responsible for project execution and management, engineering analysis, report writing, proposal writing and working with other staff members to execute projects and client contact.
- Actively involved in all aspects of project execution, including budget development, field logistics, subcontract management, engineering analysis, reporting, client interactions, and project financial management.
- Prepares proposals and reports required to complete the project.
- Makes project design decisions in conjunction with client and other Fugro staff.
- May participate in selecting the project team.
- May participate in presenting the proposal to the client.
- Work includes client contact and may include limited business development.
- Ensures that commitments to clients are met in both timeliness, accuracy and conformance
- Maintains close relationship with the client throughout development of the project.
- Acts as a technical advisor to subordinate professionals assigned to the project and consults with the Principals and peers as appropriate throughout the project.
- Personally supports and encourages support for continuous improvement of the company's processes, including but not limited to the Fugro Consultants, Inc. safety program.
- May mentor and train junior staff.
- Master of Science in Geotechnical Engineering with 2 or more years of experience is required, PhD is strongly preferred.
- Licensed or registered Engineer, preferred.
- Understanding and knowledge of geotechnical and field data acquisition procedures, soils and various testing procedures.
- Strong problem solving skills: ability to resolve both technical and personnel issues relevant to the job.
- Strong interpersonal skills that include: the ability to work effectively with peers, subordinates, and superiors. Must have an excellent ability to communicate in a professional manner, and seek a “win-win” solution.
- Ability to procure a passport and be available for domestic and international travel for extended office or fieldwork assignments.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Must be a team player and have a strong ability to work in a cooperative environment.
- Possession of a valid, unrestricted driver's license, and an acceptable driving record.
- Applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, background check and physical.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry 40-50 pounds of equipment.
|what we offer|
Benefits: Full benefits package including health benefits and a generous 401k match.
Interested candidates should submit resume to FCLjobs@fugro.com, Attention: Human Resources Coordinator.
To be considered, please reference job number and job title in cover letter.
|Apply for this job>> |