Careers with Fugro
|CMET Field Technician, ACI Grade I and/or NICET I|
|company||Fugro Consultants, Inc. - Houston|
|apply before||1 Jun 2014|
Fugro Consultants, in Houston Texas, is interested in hiring several CMET Field Technicians with ACI Grade I and/or NICET I certification to:
- Perform standard observations and testing following preset procedures.
- Assist in complex, non-routine testing. Determine and/or obtain suitable samples for testing.
- Prepare testing reports and forms summarizing test and observation results. Discuss field observations and test results with Project Managers to ensure project execution, accuracy and timely reporting.
- Assist in carrying out the tasks associated with the Quality Program by performing equipment checks and calibrations.
- Obtain necessary field technician certifications.
- Supports the goals of the Quality Program by actively participating in reviews to verify that all activities are performed in accordance with established policies.
- Work outside in all types of weather. Must have variable schedules, able to work 14 hours or more per day, up to 70-to-80 hours per week.
- Report to work on time as directed by field services dispatcher.
- Adhere to all Fugro Consultants’ safety procedures and other company policies. Support and encourage continuous improvement of the company’s processes, including safety program.
- High school diploma required. Associate Degree preferred. Construction and/or materials testing experience strongly preferred.
- ACI Grade I and/or NICET II preferred.
- Knowledge of testing procedures and familiarity with testing equipment.
- Good communication skills, mechanical and technical skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Able to successfully pass physical examination, background, drug and alcohol screening.
- Performs field and office work exerting up to 75 pounds of force regularly and more pounds of force occasionally, or a considerable amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Able to work long hours in the field, tolerating variable weather conditions.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
|what we offer|
Benefits: Full benefits package including health benefits and a generous 401k match.
Interested candidates should submit resume to FCLjobs@fugro.com, Attention: Human Resources Coordinator.
To be considered, please reference job number and job title in cover letter.
|Apply for this job>> |