Fugro GeoConsulting, Inc., has an immediate opening in our Houston office for a GIS ANALYST.
The GIS Analyst will be tasked with supporting the GIS and Geoscience departments in regards to cartographic deliverables and geodatabase management in the Houston office under the direction of FGCI's GIS Coordinator. The position requires an individual who is proficient in the use of ESRI’s GIS Products. Applicant must possess the aptitude and interest in team building to further develop Fugro’s GIS capabilities. This position requires independent and discretionary judgment.
GIS Analyst DUTIES:
- Help with the execution of GIS projects in FGCI's Houston office.
- Work as an integral part of a project team.
- Work closely with geoscientists and engineers to create presentation-quality maps for client delivery
- Use MXDs to generate cartographic products.
- Insure geodetic and cartographic accuracy on maps
- Adhere to GIS data formatting standards of FGCI
- Data manipulation and quality control of final GIS deliverable products.
· Create and manage geodatabases according to standard requirements.
· Create and manage MXD links.
· Data loading, manipulation, and attribution of various project geodatabases.
· Metadata Documentation, importing, exporting, and conversion.
· Quality assurance checks for final GIS deliverables.
· Experience with OGP’s Seabed Survey Data Model (SSDM) preferred.