Careers with Fugro
|Offshore Geotechnical Engineer|
|company||Fugro Survey (Middle East) Ltd. - Abu Dhabi|
|level||HBO (BSc/BA) / University (MSc/MA)|
|apply before||1 Dec 2013|
Fugro Survey (Middle East) Ltd (“FSME”) is a certified survey company within the Fugro Group, with over 300 employees and operating in accordance with recognised international standards (ISO9001:2008, ISO14001:2004 and OHSAS18001:2007). FSME specialises in the provision of Geophysical and Hydrographic Survey, Offshore Geotechnical Investigations, ROV Services and positioning services. Services are provided to the offshore oil and gas industry, construction companies and the submarine cable industry. FSME is the leading offshore survey company in the Middle East region, promoting the application of new technology and techniques to the survey industry. The working area includes the Gulf, Arabian Sea and Red Sea.
With general supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Apply standard engineering practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results and follow operations through a series of detailed steps or processes.
- Use prescribed methods to perform project tasks under supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Assist project professionals with project execution, proposal and report preparation.
- Be able to travel both domestically and internationally and undertake offshore and field assignments on board dedicated Fugro or client marine vessels.
- Communicate tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Execute work duties in an organized and efficient manner.
- Work well while under supervision.
- Able to work while under stress and meet deadlines
Principal Working Relationships
- Work with other engineer professional, senior driller, laboratory technician / technical assistant to ensure projects are completed in accordance with provided guidelines and meet client’s specifications.
- Participate, contribute to project and department toolbox.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with sufficient emphasis on Geotechnical Engineering is required. Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Good command of English, effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to work with others to achieve desired result.
- Understanding of fundamentals of geotechnical engineering principles and ability to apply in solving problems
- Basic understanding and knowledge of geotechnical engineering technical requirements, field data acquisition procedures, soils and various testing procedures.
- Practical knowledge of college-level calculus, geometry, statistics and other related mathematical disciplines.
- Must be willing and able to undertake offshore and field assignments when required. Assignments are typically 2 to 5 weeks duration and for a total of approximately 2 to 4 months per year.
Required to complete Offshore Survival Training, must be able to pass physical examination
|what we offer|
FSME offers a dynamic team based working environment in an exciting and developing market region with long term potential for skill and career path development. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and includes the usual FSME benefits package.
|Contact person||Sarita Das|
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Apply for this job>> |