Careers with Fugro
|company||Fugro GeoConsulting Inc. - Houston|
|level||University (M Sc, MA)|
|apply before||31 May 2014|
Fugro GeoConsulting, Inc. merges the talents of Fugro’s Geophysics, Geology, Geohazards and Geotechnical Engineering resources. Staff Geoscientists at Fugro GeoConsulting, Inc. learn to perform integrated engineering geological investigations by combining geophysical data, well logs, geotechnical test results, and geochemical information to interpret site conditions and develop an understanding of engineering issues involved with offshore energy development.
We are seeking candidates who are motivated, organized, reliable, and creative. Working together as a team, we can achieve extraordinary results in a demanding and challenging business environment that is constantly changing, growing and expanding globally.
At Fugro GeoConsulting, you’ll work on challenging offshore geotechnical projects, using cutting edge data and tools to learn about the seafloor and the rocks and sediments below. You’ll be a part of the world’s foremost geoscience company, with capabilities that range from state-of-the-art data collection to sophisticated geological modeling and engineering analysis. Most of your work will be in our Houston offices, but occasionally you may find yourself aboard a ship almost anywhere in the world.
Performs marine geophysical site investigation reporting under general supervision; independently interprets and assimilates geophysical, geotechnical, and well data; writes technical reports; makes project presentations to clients; provides technical training to other staff; delegates tasks as appropriate.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works independently to validate, interpret, and integrate various geophysical, geologic, geotechnical, and well data to form a comprehensive assessment of marine site conditions with regard to drilling hazards and field development planning
- Oversees daily technical activities of all project assignments, including geologic and geohazards mapping, characterization, analysis, assessment, and related reporting
- Actively responsible for the procedural and general geologic mentorship of at least one junior staff member.
- Maintains project ArcGIS file geodatabases according to standard procedures and terminology for purposes of data management and map presentation
- Frequently interacts with clients on technical issues and carefully documents project communications and activities according to FGCI procedures
- Writes and prepares all aspects of technical reports; makes technical presentations and provides peer reviews
- Complies with QMS and HSE requirements
- M.S. degree or higher in geoscience, geology, or geological engineering with relevant full-time professional experience may be acceptable in lieu of an M.S. The ideal background would include a mixture of geomechanics, engineering geology, marine geophysics, and GIS applications.
- 5+ years in marine site investigations with experience interpreting most associated geophysical data types and exposure to multiple associated project types
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite and CorelDraw; advanced skill level on SMT Kingdom Suite, ArcGIS, Global Mapper
- Ability to work independently, direct others as required, and collaborates as a team member.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the proven ability to write detailed technical papers and reports, are essential.
- Ability to work on and several projects simultaneously
- Support for continuous improvement in company processes including, but not limited to, the Fugro GeoConsulting safety program.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Completion of a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
|what we offer|
|Contact person||HR Manager|
The successful candidate will be very much a part of an operational team, liaising with, contractors, clients, and in house departments. A high degree of initiative and attention to detail are essential, along strong communication skills. By its very nature, this role requires a person who is flexible, and used to working with deadlines.
In return, Fugro GeoConsulting, Inc. offers a dynamic team based working environment in an exciting and developing market, as well as the long-term potential for you to develop your skills and career. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a full benefits package. If you are up to the challenge please e-mail your resume to fugroUSAjobs@fugro.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this job>> |