Careers with Fugro
|company||Fugro GeoConsulting Inc. - Houston|
|apply before||31 Dec 2013|
Fugro GeoConsulting, Inc. merges the talents of Fugro’s Geophysics, Geology, Geohazards and Geotechnical Engineering resources. Staff Geoscientists at Fugro GeoConsulting, Inc. learn to perform integrated engineering geological investigations by combining geophysical data, well logs, geotechnical test results, and geochemical information to interpret site conditions and develop an understanding of engineering issues involved with offshore energy development.
We are seeking candidates who are motivated, organized, reliable, and creative. Working together as a team, we can achieve extraordinary results in a demanding and challenging business environment that is constantly changing, growing and expanding globally.
At Fugro GeoConsulting, you’ll work on challenging offshore geotechnical projects, using cutting edge data and tools to learn about the seafloor and the rocks and sediments below. You’ll be a part of the world’s foremost geoscience company, with capabilities that range from state-of-the-art data collection to sophisticated geological modeling and engineering analysis. Most of your work will be in our Houston offices, but occasionally you may find yourself aboard a ship almost anywhere in the world.
Performs marine geophysical site investigation reporting under general supervision; independently interprets and assimilates geophysical, geotechnical, and well data; writes technical reports; makes project presentations to clients; provides technical training to other staff; delegates tasks as appropriate; and develops own technical skills and knowledge of FGCI’s computer software and services.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately and independently validates and interprets deepwater site investigation geophysical data and assimilates with various geotechnical and offset well data
- Performs most aspects of shallow geologic and geohazards evaluations, including mapping, characterization, analysis, assessment, and reporting
- Maintains project ArcGIS file geodatabases according to standard procedures and terminology for purposes of data management and map presentation
- Prepares data examples and graphics, and works closely with GIS specialists to facilitate presentation-quality charts
- Frequently interacts with clients on technical issues and carefully documents project communications and activities according to FGCI procedures
- Writes and prepares all aspects of technical reports and makes technical presentations to clients
- Works with management and supervisors to identify own learning and development needs and further develops own technical knowledge relative to FGCI’s core business
- Complies with QMS and HSE requirements
- M.S. degree or higher in geoscience, geology, or geological engineering with relevant full-time professional experience may be acceptable in lieu of an M.S. The ideal background would include a mixture of geomechanics, engineering geology, deepwater marine geophysics, and GIS applications.
- 3+ years or more interpretation experience on deepwater geophysical site investigations. Interpretation experience using both 3D exploration seismic and AUV data is preferred.
- Strong computer skills including fluency with the Microsoft Office suite. GIS, seismic interpretation, or geological modeling software skills are highly desirable.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite and CorelDraw; intermediate to advanced skill level on SMT Kingdom Suite, ArcGIS, Global Mapper
- Ability to work independently, direct others as required, and collaborates as a team member.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write basic technical reports, are essential.
- Ability to work on several pojects simultaneously
- Support for continuous improvement in company processes including, but not limited to, the Fugro GeoConsulting safety program.
- Possession of a valid Texas driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Completion of a pre-employment physical exam and drug screen.
|what we offer|
In return, Fugro GeoConsulting, Inc. offers a dynamic team based working environment in an exciting and developing market, as well as the long-term potential for you to develop your skills and career. Compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a full benefits package. If you are up to the challenge please fax resume to (713)369-5665, e-mail to BCrockett@fugro.com or mail to Fugro GeoConsulting, Inc., P.O. Box 740010, Houston, TX 77274. Attn: Human Resources - bcrockett
Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this job>> |