These roles are advertised on an on-going basis.
The HYDROGRAPHIC SURVEYOR performs all survey assignment in the office and in the field, as defined by the project manager or operations manager. The position demands responsibility and necessity to set example. Initiative is a pre-requisite in the role of all duties, whether in the lead or supportive role.
· Execute positioning and navigation tasks according to survey procedures and client
· Perform computations, data processing, field reporting and survey reporting in accordance with
· Perform appropriate checks of data and computations
· Ensure all safety standards are met and followed
· Actively participate in adherence to and improvement of the company Management System on
Quality and HSE related issues.
· Reporting to Operations Manager. Working closely with other field staff offshore, with Project
Manager and Processing & Reporting Co-ordinator on project basis.
In addition to the above two roles duties, Party Chief roles are also available:
The PARTY CHIEF is in charge of office and field work for a project. Directs and controls staff assigned to ensure procedures are followed. Liaises with client representative.
- Actively participate in project execution.
- Ensure project targets are met and correct procedures followed.
- Check all works of subordinate staff.
- Check and approve all administrative reporting.
- Prepare draft report in line with given format.
- Liaise regularly with client.
- Document contract variation orders.
The DATA PROCESSOR is responsible for data processing, quality control and production of geophysical maps and data from offshore geophysical data. The position will require extensive travel and performance of these duties in a field environment.
· Check survey data received from the field and onboard the vessel for completeness and quality.
Carry out data processing as per requirement.
· Carry out check computations using raw and processed data. Check and approve final map
· Ensure that technical data submitted in reports are correct.
· Check format and content of reports and charts.
· Provide survey data at project commencement to Party Chiefs.
· Responsible for correct processing of survey data.
· Operate the main functions within the company’s geophysical software packages
· Perform field quality control and ensure compliance with contract specifications
· Report to Party Chief or Datacentre Co-ordinator on progress.
· Be aware of and adhere to the safety policies and procedures of the company
· Empowered with the responsibility to halt unsafe work