Fugro GeoServices, Inc., (FGSI), provides high resolution marine geophysical survey services from our offices in Houston, Texas, Lafayette, Louisiana and Anchorage, Alaska. With a fleet of dedicated site-survey vessels, a 3,000m/10,000ft depth rated AUV and equipment pool, FGSI acquires data and provides information for the identification of general seabed conditions and potential marine geohazards for site and route surveys, and related consulting and permitting services.
FGSI's data processing and reporting staff specializes in the investigation of the seabed and shallow marine geology that is the basis for MMS permitting, drilling hazard analysis, pipeline/cable routes and inspection surveys. We can also provide access to and integrate with the whole spectrum of services offered by Fugro including metocean, exploration, geotechnics, permitting and high precision positioning.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Perform maintenance, calibration and operations for an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) and its associated survey data acquisition systems in an offshore and onshore environment.
· Assist with the mobilization of the AUV and all sub-systems on vessels under the direction of the AUV Technical Coordinator
· Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the AUV electronic, electrical and mechanical systems
· Adhere to all Fugro Company policies regarding HSE and Quality
· Follow all written instructions and work procedures
· Work as part of a team and assist in all work activities needed to complete the survey project
· Support the FGSI Geophysical Operations group in non-AUV activities when available and needed
· Associate degree in Electronics plus 2 years experience with Geophysical electronic and mechanical survey data acquisition systems (Sidescan Sonar, Sub-bottom Profilers, Fathometers, Multi-beam Echo Sounders and their associated winches and hardware), experience maintaining Navigation/GPS equipment.
· Military formal Electronics training plus 4 years experience in electronic systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Must have a general understanding of Computer Systems, hardware and software
· Prefer offshore experience acquiring geophysical data
· Valid US drivers license with acceptable motor vehicle record
· Have ability to pass offshore water survival training
- Have the ability to obtain a US Passport and travel overseas if required
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship