Policy on bilateral contacts between Fugro N.V. and its shareholders and certificate holders
This policy was prepared in December 2009 on the basis of best practice provision IV.3.13 of the
Dutch Corporate Governance. In accordance with this provision Fugro N.V. (“Fugro”) has to
formulate an outline policy on bilateral contacts between Fugro and its shareholders (including
Fugro maintains regular and direct contact with investors and prospective investors in order to deliver
good and timely information about developments in the company that are relevant to their investment
- A dialogue with shareholders outside the context of a formal shareholder meeting can be useful for both investors and Fugro.
- Fugro reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, whether it will accept invitations from shareholders, or parties representing shareholders, to engage in such a dialogue. Fugro may ask for further clarification on the views, aims and investment objectives of such shareholders before accepting or rejecting any invitation to engage in dialogue outside the context of a formal shareholder meeting.
- Communicate as open as possible to maximize transparency.
- No comments will be given on market rumours.
- During the closed periods* no meetings or conversations with the investment community take place.
- Response to (draft) analyst reports (third party publications) is only provided by reference to public information and published guidance. Corrections to these reports are given only for omissions in factual information.
Investor Relations (IR) is the responsibility of the Chairman of the Board of Management. The designated spokespersons for investor relations are the Chairman of the Board of Management and CFO. The Chairman of the Board of Management may designate to other spokespersons explicit authority to communicate with analysts and investors.
Closed periods are the periods prior to the publication of financial results during which in principle
no meetings will be held with and no presentations will be given to financial analysts and
In addition, during closed periods no other communication with analysts and investors will take
place, unless such communication would relate to factual clarifications of previously disclosed
information. Usually the length of the closed period is eight weeks prior to full year results (and
publication of the Annual Report), 3 weeks prior to half-yearly results and 3 weeks before Q1 and
Q3 statements (“trading updates”).
Distribution of information
Important elements of the information are the annual report, the half-yearly report, the publication of the quarterly results (“trading updates”), press and news releases and the corporate website (www.fugro.com). In addition, presentations for analysts and investors are given. Individual and collective personal contact with investors and analysts is also maintained via numerous one-on-one meetings, presentations (road shows) and conference calls. During these meetings, presentations and conference calls Fugro’s strategy and activities are explained in detail by members of the Board of Management.
Conference calls (excluding individual i.e. non-public calls) and webcasting are made publicly accessible.
Fugro is bound by rules and regulations on the disclosure of price-sensitive information. Please check the website of the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (“AFM”) for the relevant and latest information (www.afm.nl).